|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Cerro Mine or Mina do Cerro is a coal mine near the city of Cachoeira do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
The map below shows the approximate location of Mina do Cerro, near Cachoeira do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
Cerro Mine is owned by Sociedade Mineradora do Cerro Ltda. a subsidary of Copelmi Mineração LTDA Copelmi is Brazil’s largest private coal mining company, controlling more than 80% of the industrial coal market.
Government reports show that coal production at the mine reached 423,662 tonnes per annum in 2005, but it has since declined. A 2019 industry report listed the Cerro mine as Copelmi's third most productive coal mine, with annual production of 100,000 tonnes.
- Owner: Sociedade Mineradora do Cerro Ltda.
- Parent company: Copelmi Mineração
- Location: Cachoeira do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- GPS coordinates: -30.037588, -52.892666 (approximate)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year: 2004
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine size:
- Mine type: Surface
- Production: 100,000 tonnes per annum
- Additional proposed production:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Copelmi units organizational site, accessed Nov 12, 2019
- Jefferson Klein Copelmi investirá R$ 300 milhões em mina de carvão jornal do comercio August 14, 2015
- Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia Emissões Fugitivas na Mineração e Beneficiamento do Carvão Mineral REPÚBLICA FEDERATIVA DO BRASIL, 2010, accessed Nov. 2019
- Copelmi Market Share Organizational site, accessed Nov 11, 2019
- "Dados Institucionais" (PDF). In the Mine. 2019.
- Copelmi mining organizational site, accessed Nov. 2019