Chaoyang GDP power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chaoyang GDP power station (国电电力朝阳热电公司) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Dongsanjia village, Qidaoquanzi Town, Longcheng District, Chaoyang Prefecture.
Background on Retired Plant
New units 3-4
New units suspended, then revived
In July 2017 China's National Energy Administration (NEA) postponed or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling nearly 107 gigawatts (GW). Chaoyang GDP power station Units 3-4 were among the postponed coal plants.
However, after political negotiations, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) released an updated list of postponed and halted coal projects on September 26, 2017. Chaoyang GDP power station was no longer on the list. For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Power Development Co
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: 17 Yangguang Road, Mashan Street, Longcheng District, Chaoyang Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 41.614292, 120.424596 (exact)
- Status: Retired (Units 1-2), Operating (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 3&4: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2017 (Unit 3), 2018 (Unit 4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "公司概况 / 公司简介," China Guodian, accessed July 2016
- "朝阳高新区国电朝阳2×350MW热电联产项目在施工中," 朝阳日报, 2016-04-19
- "辽宁朝阳热电联产项目进入冲刺阶段," China Huadian, 2017-09-14
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "国电朝阳热电一号机组168试运圆满成功," 河北电建一公司, 2017-11-29
- "国电朝阳热电一号机组168试运圆满成功," 中国电力建设集团, 2017/11/29
- "国电朝阳热电2号机组顺利通过168小时试运," 朝阳热电, 2018/3/1
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017