Chapapur II mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The map below shows the location of the mine in Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Mugma and Nirsha, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.804826, 86.675476 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 0.18 million tonnes (2020)
- In service: Operating
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Underground
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd., Final Environmental Impact Assessment & Environmental Management Plan Cluster No. 1 for EC Amendment, August 2013.
- Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, Cluster No. 1 Environmental Clearance Letter, January 16, 2015.
- Praduman Choubey,Nirsa smoked out in coal mine fire - Spewing poison, Telegraph India, July 24, 2014
- Chapter II: Problem of Illegal Mining and Theft of Coal, Indian Environmental Portal, accessed March 4, 2020.