Cluster No. 1 (ECL)
Cluster No. 1 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 2.7 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in the Raniganj Coalfield in Mugma and Nirsha, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
The 11 existing mines and 5 opencast patches, employ 5,251 people, include: Hariajam, Badjna, Chapapur mines, Khoodia mines, Lakhimata mines, Shampur-B mines, Mandman, Nirsha, Shampur A mines, Gopinathpur mines, and Kasapara mines. 
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster No. 1 coal mines, in Mugma and Nirsha, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Mugma and Nirsha, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.800890, 86.696883 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Hariajam (0.11 MTPA), Badjna (0.05 (MTPA), Chapapur II UG (0.15 MTPA), Chapapur OC Patch (0.86 MTPA), Khoodia UG (0.05 MTPA), Khoodia OC Patch (0.1 MTPA), Lakhimata UG (0.08 MTPA), Lakhimata OC Patch (0.3 MTPA), Shampur-B UG (0.09 MTPA), Shampur-B (Sangamhal) OC Patch (0.15 MTPA), Mandman UG (0.07 MTPA), Nirsha OC Patch (0.09 MTPA), Shampur A UG (0.05 MTPA), Shampur A OC Patch (0.12 MTPA), Gopinathpur UG (0.05 MTPA), Gopinathpur OC Patch (0.1 MTPA), Kasapara UG (0.1 MTPA), Kasapara OC Patch (0.16 MTPA).
- In service:operating
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd., Final Environmental Impact Assessment & Environmental Management Plan Cluster No. 1 for EC Amendment, August 2013.
- Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, Cluster No. 1 Environmental Clearance Letter, January 16, 2015.
- Praduman Choubey,Nirsa smoked out in coal mine fire - Spewing poison, Telegraph India, July 24, 2014
- Chapter II: Problem of Illegal Mining and Theft of Coal, Indian Environmental Portal, accessed March 4, 2020.