Chernihiv, Yuzhniy, Lutuginsky coal project
The Chernihiv, Yuzhniy, Lutuginsky coal project is a proposed underground mine, operated by SDS UGOL, a subsidiary of Siberian Business Union-Coal (SBU), set to produce 2.7 million tonnes, in Kemerovo region, Russia.
The image below shows the approximate location of the project.
A full range of exploration work has yet to begin at the proposed mine site, according to a document from the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation.
- Sponsor: SDS UGOL
- Parent Company:
- Location: Kemerovo region, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 55.485764, 86.117528 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 2.7 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 20.4 million tons
- Coal type:
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Related SourceWatch articles
- Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, "Strategy and Programme for Russia’s Coal Industry Development to 2035," January 2020.