Chilota Coal Mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Chilota Coal Mine is a 0.6-million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) coal mine in Hwange Province, Zimbabwe.
The map below shows the exact location of the coal mine in Hwange Province, Zimbabwe.
- Operator: Chilota Colliery Company
- Owner: Jingan Corporation
- Location: Hwange Province, Zimbabwe
- Coordinates: -18.2993, 26.4997 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year: 2020
- Production capacity (Mtpa): 0.6
- Total reserves (Mt):
- Coal type: Subbituminous
- Mine type: Surface
- Mine size (Km2): 2.23
- Workforce size:
- Primary consumer: Hwange Power Station
- Source of financing:
Articles and Resources
- "Zimbabwe: New Coal Mine Starts Operations in Hwange," All Africa, May 14, 2020