Chonburi Ng Project power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Chonburi Ng Project power station is a 2,500-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, under construction in Chonburi Province, Thailand. It is also known as the Gulf Sriracha Power Plant, Chonburi Power Plant Project, Gulf SRC power plant, and the GSRC power project.
Mitsui & Co., Ltd. entered into a project finance agreement with Gulf Energy Development Public Company Limited for a gas-fired thermal power generation project in November 2018. They announced that Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd. will be the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor.
Kaohoon.com reported that construction started on December 3, 2018.
The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand plans to commission two units in 2021 and the remaining two in 2022.
- Sponsor: Gulf SRC Co., Ltd.
- Parent company: Gulf Energy Development Public Co Ltd [70%]; Mitsui & Co Ltd. [30%]
- Location: Sriracha District, Chonburi Province, Thailand
- Coordinates: 13.049968, 101.193335 (exact)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 2,500 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-4: 625 MW per unit (to start 2021 and 2022)
Articles and Resources
- Annual Report 2019, Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand, accessed Feb 9, 2021
- Gulf Sriracha Power Plant, Chonburi, NS Energy website, accessed Dec 17, 2019
- GULF successfully signs a long-term loan agreement on GSRC power project, GULF website, Nov 2018
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (Draft) THA: Chonburi Power Plant Project (March 2018), Asian Development Bank website, accessed Dec 17, 2019
- Mitsui to Move Forward with Gas-fired Thermal Power Plant Project in Chonburi Province, Thailand, Mitsui website, Nov 9. 2018
- MHPS Receives Order to Construct 5,300MW Power Plant Project in Thailand Incorporating Eight M701JAC Gas Turbines, MHPS website, Feb 9, 2018
- GULF เดินหน้าโรงไฟฟ้า”GSRC” 2,500MW รับลูกกกพ.ไฟเขียวพื้นที่สร้างสายส่ง พร้อมCODมี.ค.64, Kaohoon.com, Dec 14, 2018
- MHPS ships JAC turbines for CCGT plant in Thailand, Power Engineering, Dec 6, 2019
- Japan's Mitsui to invest in 2.5 GW gas-fired power plant in Thailand, Reuters, Nov 18, 2019