Cleveland-Cliffs Riverdale steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Cleveland-Cliffs Riverdale steel plant is a steel plant in Riverdale, Illinois, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Riverdale, Illinois, United States.
The acquisition of ArcelorMittal USA and all US ArcelorMittal plants by Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. was completed on December 9, 2020.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
- Owner: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
- Alternative plant names: ArcelorMittal Riverdale steel plant (predecessor), Acme Steel
- Location: 13500 Perry Ave, Riverdale, IL 60827, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 41.657321, -87.625702 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1910 (age 110–111)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1000 (BOF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 700 (2019, BOF)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot-rolled sheet
- Steel sector end users: distribution
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: sinter plant; blast furnace (BF) (# unknown); 2 basic oxygen furnace (BOF) (57m3 each, began in 1959, rebuilt in 2006 and 2012)
Articles and resources
- Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. Completes Acquisition of ArcelorMittal USA, Cleveland-Cliffs, Dec. 9, 2020
- Riverdale, ArcelorMittal, Retrieved on: Aug. 6, 2020
- Riverdale Brochure, ArcelorMittal, Retrieved on: Aug. 6, 2020
- 2020 AIST Basic Oxygen Furnace Roundup, Association for Iron & Steel Technology, Jan. 2020
- Fact Book 2019, ArcelorMittal, 2020
- Fact Book 2018, ArcelorMittal, 2019