Cluster No. 10 (ECL)
Cluster No. 10 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 7.7 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in the Raniganj Coalfield near Asansol, Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
The operating mines include: North Searsole mines, Kunustoria, Amrasota, Belbaid mines, Bansra mines, Parasea, Jambad, Nabakajora, Madhabpur mines, Lachipur, Central Kajora, KhasKajora, Moira, Madhusudanpur, Madhujore, Ghanshyam, and Parascole.
The map below shows the exact location of the Cluster No. 10 coal mines, in Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Asansol, Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India
- Coordinates: 23.625769, 87.175670 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: North Searsole mines (2.0 MTPA), Kunustoria (0.24 MTPA), Amrasota (.15 MTPA), Belbaid mines (0.68 MTPA), Bansra mines (0.735 MTPA), Parasea (0.61 MPTA), Jambad (1.04 MTPA), Nabakajora (0.30 MTPA), Madhabpur mines (0.80 MTPA), Lachipur (0.06 MTPA), Central Kajora (0.15 MTPA), KhasKajora (0.35 MTPA), Moira (0.12 MTPA), Madhusudanpur (0.24 MTPA), Madhujore (0.12 MTPA), Ghanshyam (0.12 MTPA), and Parascole (0.39 MTPA).
- In service: operating
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd., Application for Mines in Cluster No. 10 for EC Amendment, January 2018.
- Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, Cluster No. 10 Environmental Clearance Letter, January 20, 2015.
- Pradeep Chaturvedi, Managing Safety: Challenges Ahead (New Delhi: Quality Council of India, 2005), 167.