Cluster No. 12 (ECL)
Cluster No. 12 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 27.16 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in the Raniganj Coalfield in Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
The largest mine is the Sonepur Bazari opencast, which produces 8 million tonne-per-annum.
Other operating mines include: Pandaveswar mines, Dalurban mines, Manderboni, South Samla, Purushottampur, Madhaipur mines, Nutandanga, Kendra, Samla mines, Kumardihi, Nakrakonda mines, Kumardihi B, Jhanjra, Tilaboni, Shyamsundarpur, Bankola mines, Kottadih, Kumardihi mines, Manderboni Extension/Rangamati.
The map below shows the exact location of the Cluster No. 12 coal mines, in Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Coordinates: 23.695257, 87.231230 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Pandaveswar underground (0.14 MTPA); Pandaveswar opencast (1.20 MTPA); Dalurban mines (0.25 MTPA), Manderboni (0.13 MTPA), South Samla (.08 MTPA, Purushottampur (1.00 MTPA), Madhaipur mines (.76 MTPA), Nutandanga (0.10 MTPA), Kendra (0.06 MTPA), Samla mines (0.70 MTPA), Sonepur Bazari (8.00 MTPA), Kumardihi (0.20 MTPA), Nakrakonda B open cast (1.00 MTPA), Nakrakonda B B opencast (0.54 MTPA), Kumardihi B Opencast Patch (0.10 MTPA) , Jhanjra (3.50 MTPA), Tilaboni (1.86 MTPA), Shyamsundarpur (0.50 MTPA), Bankola mines (0.60 MTPA), Kottadih mines (4.00 MTPA), Kumardihi mines (1.20 MTPA), Manderboni Extension/Rangamati A (0.0855 MTPA), Manderboni Extension/Rangamati B (0.48 MTPA).
- In service: operating
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd., Application for Mines in Cluster No. 12 for EC Amendment, May 2014.
- Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, Cluster No. 12 Environmental Clearance Letter, February 9, 2015.