Cluster No. 17 (BCCL)
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Cluster No. 17 (BCCL) is a group of mostly abounded underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 4 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in the Raniganj Coalfield, in West Burdwan, West Bengal, India.
Kalyaneswari is a proposed mine in the cluster with a mine plan prepared in 2018. The Victoria West, Victoria, Begunia, and Damagoria mines are currently closed.
The map below shows the exact location of the Damagoria coal mine in Cluster 17, in West Burdwan, West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: West Burdwan, West Bengal, India
- Coordinates: 23.768816, 86.843796 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Kalyaneswari (4 MTPA)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
Articles and resources
- BCCL, Cluster 17, accessed March 30, 2020