Cluster No. 2 (ECL)
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Cluster No. 2 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 0.45 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in the Raniganj Coalfield in Mugma, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
The 3 existing mines include: Kumardhubi, Barmuri, and Rajpura.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster No. 2 coal mines, in Mugma, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, operates the Cluster 2 coal mines. The mines proposed an expansion to 1.10 MTPA in 2016.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Mugma, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.7761,86.7274 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Production: Kumardhubi 0.03 million tonnes (2020)
- Capacity: Kumardhubi (.10 MTPA), Barmuri (0.23 MTPA), and Rajpura (0.12 MTPA)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change,Cluster No. 2 Environmental Clearance Letter Expansion, June 16, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd., Final Environmental Impact Assessment & Environmental Management Plan Cluster No. 2 for EC Amendment, December 2013.