Cluster No. 3 (BCCL)
Cluster 3 (BCCL) is a group of seven underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 3.6 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
The operating mines include: New Akashkinaree mines, Block IV/ Kooridih mines, Govindpur, Jogidih, Maheshpur. The South Govindpur and Teturiya collieries are currently closed.
The map below shows the exact location of the Cluster 3 coal mines, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.800453, 86.276944 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: New Akashkinaree mines (1 MT), Block IV/ Kooridih mines (1.1 MT), Govindpur (0.14 MT), Jogidih (0.224 MT), Maheshpur (0.07 MT), South Govindpur (0 MT), Teturiya Colliery (0 MT).
- Reserves: New Akashkinaree mines (17 MT), Block IV/ Kooridih mines (17.396 MT), Govindpur (5.95 MT), Jogidih (10.5 MT), Maheshpur (18.82 MT).
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Paryavaran Bhawan,Cluster III, Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, February 6, 2013.