Cluster No. 6 (ECL)
The Cluster No. 6 (ECL) is a group of underground and opencast coal mines, operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 1.453 million tonnes per annum, located in the Sodepur Area of Paschim Bardhaman and Purulia in West Bengal, India.
The operating mines include: Dhemonmain, Sodepur mines, Narsamunda, Patmohana mines, Chinakuri mines, Bejdiha, Methani mines, and Sheetalpur mines.
The map below shows the exact location of the Cluster No. 6 mines in Paschim Bardhaman and Purulia, West Bengal, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Location: Paschim Bardhaman and Purulia, West Bengal, India.
- Coordinates: 23.690149, 86.877973 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Dhemonmain (0.155 MTPA), Sodepur (0.12 MTPA), Sodepur OC (0.12 MTPA), Narsamunda (0.148 MTPA), Patmohana UG (0.12 MTPA), Patmohana OC (0.1 MTPA), Chinakuri I (0.06 MTPA), Chinakuri III UG (0.15 MTPA), Chinakuri III (0.1 MTPA), Bejdiha (0.04 MTPA), Methani (0.1 MTPA), Methani OC (0.12 MTPA), Sheetalpur (0.12 MTPA)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: surface & underground
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd.,Final Environmental Impact Assessment &Environmental Management Place, Cluster No. 6, February 2014
- Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, Cluster No. 6 Environmental Clearance Letter, January 16, 2015.