Cluster No. 9 (ECL)
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Cluster No. 9 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 6.25 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in the Raniganj Coalfield in Asansol, Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
The largest operating mine is the Amritnaga underground, with a capacity of 1.14 MTPA.
Other operating mines include: Ratibati, Capauikhas mines, Tirat, Kuardih mines, Nimcha, Damalia, Ghusick, Kalipahari mines, Muslia mines, New Ghusick, Jemehari, J K Nagar mines, Pure Searsole, Mallick Basti, Damra, Mahabir mines, Narainkuri mines, Egara, and Kalidaspur mines.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster No. 9 coal mines, with the east location of J&K Nagar mines, in West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Asansol, Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India
- Coordinates: 23.650069, 87.071513 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Ratibati (0.09 MTPA); Capauikhas (0.05 MTPA); Capuikhas Opencast (0.15 MTPA); Amritnaga (1.14 MTPA); Tirat (0.06 MTPA); Kuardih (0.05 MTPA); Kuardih Opencast (0.3 MTPA); Nimcha (0.31 MTPA); Damalia Opencast (0.4 MTPA); Ghusick (0.05 MTPA); Kalipahari (0.05 MTPA); Kalipahari Opencast A (0.16 MTPA); Kalipahari Opencast B (0.15 MTPA); Kalipahari Opencast C (0.15 MTPA); Kalipahari Opencast D (0.15 MTPA); Muslia (0.04 MTPA); Muslia Opencast (0.4 MTPA); New Ghusick (0.04 MTPA); Jemehari (0.03 MTPA); J K Nagar (0.35 MTPA); J K Nagar Opencast (0.3 MTPA); Pure Searsole ( (0.12 MTPA); Mallick Basti (0.26 MTPA); Damra (0.04 MTPA); Mahabir (0.02 MTPA); Mahabir Opencast (0.2 MTPA); Narainkuri (0.54 MTPA); Narainkuri Opencast (0.4 MTPA); Egara (0.25 MTPA); Kalidaspur (0.96 MTPA).
- In service: operating
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
- Number of Employees:25,481 (Total)
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd., Final Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Management Plan, October 2014.
- Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, Cluster No. 9 Environmental Clearance Letter, January 23, 2015.
- Cluster 9, 2006