College of St. Benedict Power Facility
The College of St. Benedict Power Facility in St. Joseph, MN, is a traditional steam generation facility. No electricity is produced at the power facility so all electricity is obtained from Xcel Energy. The facility currently has six boilers, which fire either coal or natural gas with fuel oil backup.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Campus coal plants
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Opposition to existing coal plants
- Coal and jobs
- Coal-fired power plant capacity and generation
- Coal phase-out
- Coal plant conversion projects
- Coal plants near residential areas
- Anne C. Mulkern, "Colleges Are Battlegrounds for Coal Fight," Greenwire, October 14, 2009.
- Campuses Beyond Coal Campaign, Sierra Club, September 2009.
- "DOE Announces Winners of Annual University Coal Research Grants," July 7, 2005.
- American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment