Collie power station
Collie power station is a 350-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Western Australia, Australia.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Collie, Western Australia.
Background on Plant
Collie power station is a 350-megawatt coal-fired power station owned by Verve Energy, a power utility owned by the Western Australian government.
The power station, which opened in 1999, is operated and maintained by Transfield Worley Power Services, a joint venture company between Transfield Services and WorleyParsons. On its website Verve Energy states that the power station has a staff of "about 40."
On its website Verve Energy states that the power station consumes approximately 1 million tonnes of coal a year, which is supplied from Collie coal mines.
- Sponsor: Verve Energy
- Parent company: Verve Energy
- Location: Collie, Western Australia, Australia
- Coordinates: -33.3430939, 116.2608474 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 350 MW (single-unit)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1999
- Coal type:
- Coal source: Collie coal mines
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Verve Energy, "Collie", Verve Energy website, accessed November 2010.