|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
Verve Energy is a generation company owned by the Western Australian government.
Coal fired power stations
On its website Verve states that "coal is used to produce around 70% of the electricity generated by Verve Energy; the remaining electricity is primarily produced by gas."
The company's coal-fired power stations are the:
The company also operates the Kwinana power station which started out its generating life as an oil-fired power station and then converted to coal-fired. The coal-fired power station was closed in December 2008 and two gas turbines are currently being installed at the site and expected to be commissioned before the summer of 2011-12.
- Member, Ash Development Association of Australia, a lobby group promoting the use of ash from coal-fired power stations in building materials and other uses.
- Member, Energy Supply Association of Australia, the peak energy industry association lobby group.
GPO Box F366
Perth, Western Australia 6841
15-17 William Street
Perth, Western Australia 6000
Telephone: (08) 9424 1888
Fax: (08) 9424 1899
Email: inquiries AT verveenergy.com.au
Articles and resources
- Verve Energy, "Our Company", Verve Energy website, accessed November 2010.
- Verve Energy, "Muja", Verve Energy website, accessed November 2010.
- Verve Energy, "Collie", Verve Energy website, accessed November 2010.
- Verve Energy, "Kwinana", Verve Energy website, accessed November 2010.
- Ash Development Association of Australia, "Membership", Ash Development Association of Australia website, accessed June 2011.
- "Full members", Energy Supply Association of Australia website, accessed November 2011.