Australian Coal Association
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
The Australian Coal Association (ACA) is an industry lobby group that represents "the interests of the black coal producers in Australia - located predominantly in New South Wales and Queensland, the States that produce around 97 per cent of Australia's black coal."
'Let's cut emissions, not jobs' advertising campaign
In late 2009 the ACA launched the "Let's cut emissions, not jobs" advertising campaign opposing the introduction of an emissions trading scheme. Advising on the campaign were advertising guru Neil Lawrence and the Liberal PR and lobbying firm, Crosby Textor.
The members of the ACA, as of April 2008, are:
- Anglo Coal Australia Pty Ltd
- Bloomfield Collieries Pty Ltd
- BM Alliance Coal Operations Pty Ltd
- Centennial Coal Company Ltd
- Coalpac Pty Ltd
- Cornwall Coal Company
- Donaldson Coal Pty Ltd
- Enhance Place Pty Ltd
- Ensham Resources Pty Ltd
- Felix Resources Limited
- Foxleigh Joint Venture
- Gloucester Coal Ltd
- Hunter Valley Energy Coal
- Idemitsu Australia Resources Pty Ltd
- Illawarra Coal Holdings Pty Ltd
- Jellinbah Resources Pty Ltd
- Lithgow Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Macarthur Coal Limited
- New Hope Corporation Ltd
- Peabody Pacific Pty Ltd
- Rio Tinto Coal Australia Pty Ltd
- Vale (formerly CVRD)
- Wesfarmers Resources Ltd
- Whitehaven Coal Mining Pty Ltd
- Xstrata Coal Pty Ltd
- John Pegler Chairman;
- Nikki Williams, Chief Executive Officer November 2011 - 
- Ralph Hillman July 2007 - August 2011.
Level 3, MTAA House
39 Brisbane Avenue
BARTON ACT 2600
PO BOX 9115
DEAKIN ACT 2600
Phone: +61 2 6273 6044
Facsimile: + 61 2 6273 6060
Email: info AT australiancoal.com.au
Articles and Resources
- " About the Australian Coal Association", accessed April 2008.
- Marian Wilkinson, Ben Cubby and Flint Duxfield, "Ad campaign aims to crush emissions trading plan", Sydney Morning Herald, November 7, 2009.
- Australian Coal Association, "ACA Member Companies", accessed April 2008.
- Australian Coal Association, "Dr Nikki Williams to lead Australian Coal Association", Media Release, August 28, 2011.
- Australian Coal Association, "Appointment of new Executive Director", Media Release, July 20, 2007.
- Australian Coal Association, "Ralph Hillman to retire", Media Release, August 22, 2011.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Australia and coal
- The Australian Coal Association's Proposed Carbon Capture and Storage Taskforce
- Chris Rawlings - former chair
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|