Alcantara family energy businesses
|This article is part of the GEM.wiki coverage of the The Philippines and coal|
Alcantara family energy businesses include a number of entities involved in owning, operating, and developing coal and power projects in Mindanao, the Philippines. Tomas Alcantara. is the chairman of the following companies:
- Southern Philippines Power Corporation
- Western Mindanao Power Corporation
- Alto Power Holdings, Inc.
- Conal Holdings
- Sarangani Energy Corporation- sponsor of Kamanga power station
- San Ramon Power Inc. - sponsor of Zamboanga power station
- Alsons Energy Development Corporation
- Kamanga Agro-Industrial Ecozone Development Corp.
- Aces Technical Services Corporation
- Alsons Land Corporation
- ACR Mining Corporation
- Market Developers, Inc. (MADE)
- Eagle Ridge Golf & Country Club, Inc.
Other Alcantara-affiliated entities include:
- Alsons Consolidated Resources (ACR)
- Mapalad Power Corporation
- Alsons Power International Limited
- Northern Mindanao Power Corporation (NMPC)
- Alsing Power Holdings, Inc. (Alsing)
In 2013, Tomas Alcantara and family ranked #46 in the Forbes "Philippines 50 Richest" list. Forbes wrote:
- "Tomas Alcantara gets his wealth from an 80% stake in listed power, mining firm Alsons Consolidated Resources which is investing over $1 billion over next five years to build new power plants in electricity-starved Mindanao province. Also expanding mining and power operations in Indonesia where it runs a joint venture with the trading arm of Toyota. He recently teamed up with Jaime Zobel De Ayala's (No.6) property unit Ayala Land to develop a residential and retail complex in Davao."
Alsons Consolidated Resources, through Mapalad Power Corporation, owns and operates the 98-MW Iligan diesel plant in Lanao del Norte. The company also operates a 100-MW diesel power plant in Zamboanga City through Western Mindanao Power Corp. and a 55-MW diesel plant in Sarangani through Southern Philippines Power Corp.
Articles and resources
- SEC Form 17-C for Alsons Consolidated Resources, Inc., Securities and Exchange Commission, March 5, 2014
- "Tomas Alcantara," Forbes, accessed March 2014
- "SRPI to spend $292-M for power plant in Zambo," Zamboanga Times, 1 October 2013
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Philippines and coal
- Alsons Consolidated Resources
- Alcantara Group
- Alsons Power Group
- Conal Holdings
- Kamanga power station
- Zamboanga power station
- Tomas Alcantara