Dahej Thermal Power Project
The Dahej Thermal Power Project is a proposed 3,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Gujarat, India.
The map below shows the location of the industrial district west of Suva village in Gujarat, India, where the plant would be sited.
The thermal power project is being proposed by Adani Power Dahej Limited, a subsidiary of Adani Power, for construction near the Dahej Port, in the industrial district of Bharuch. It would have an aggregate capacity of 2,640 megawatts. The project was considered for issuing ToR on August 10, 2009 and the ToR was issued on August 31, 2009.
In December 2011, Adani Power said that it was putting 6,500 MW of capacity expansion projects on hold due to coal supply uncertainties. The plants on hold include Pench Thermal Power Project in Madhya Pradesh, Bhadreshwar Thermal Power Project (Adani) in Gujarat, and Dahej Thermal Power Project in Gujarat.
In a 2013-4 compliance report on the project, Adani said all permits were in place. Construction had yet to start, but infrastructure development had begun.
In July 2015 Adani Power applied to change the environmental clearance for the plant from 4 x 660 MW to 4 x 800 MW.
As of December 2019 the increased size has not been approved nor has construction begun. The project appears to be deferred or abandoned.
Sponsor: Adani Power Dahej Limited, a subsidiary of Adani Power
Location: GIDC, Dahej near Suva village, Vagra taluk, Bharuch district, Gujarat
Coordinates: 21.697468, 72.5925064 (approximate)
Nameplate capacity: 3,200 MW (Units 1-4: 800 MW)
Projected in service:
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, Oct 25, 2011
Articles and resources
- "Power Generation" Adani Power, accessed August 2014
- "4×660 MW Coal based Thermal Power Plant at Dahej by Adani Power Dahej Limited," Thermal MoEF News, July 1, 2011
- "Adani Power holds 6,500-Mw expansion," Business Standard, December 28, 2011
- "Six Monthly Compliance Report of Environmental Clearance," Adani, period October 2013 - March 2014
- "Request for change of plant configuration," Adani cover letter to India MoEF, July 28, 2015