Dalian ETDC power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dalian ETDC power station (国电大连开发区热电厂) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant at Y4 Huanghaixi Road in Jinzhou District.
Background on Plant
Dalian ETDC power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 700 MW in Liaoning Province. The plant was completed in 2012, and was originally owned by China Guodian. The first four units have been retired.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: GD Power Development Co Ltd
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Y4 Huanghaixi Road, Jinzhou District, Dalian Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.035349, 121.815237 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 5 & 6: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2012
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电大连开发区热电厂完成两台350兆瓦机组容量变更工作_火力发电," EC1888, August 11, 2015
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017