Data sources on coal (United States)
From Global Energy Monitor
Summary statistics on the coal fleet
- Electric Power Annual - U.S. Energy Information Administration: The EIA's annual reports on the electric power sector provide 12 years of summary statistics on capacity, generation, fuel consumption, fuel cost, loads, electricity prices, plant capacity factors, heat rates, sales, revenues, and other characteristics of the U.S. coal fleet.
- All Reports & Publications - U.S. Energy Information Administration: This EIA page allows users to search for reports on energy by fuel type and by topic.
- Electricity Data Files - U.S. Energy Information Administration: This page provides links to statistics for individual generating units.
- Electricity data - U.S. Energy Information Administration: This page links to statistics on electric power plants, capacity, generation, fuel consumption, sales, prices, and customers.
- "Count of Electric Power Industry Power Plants, by Sector, by Predominant Energy Sources within Plant" - U.S. Energy Information Administration: This table shows the number of coal plants from 2001-2009 owned by utilities, independent power producers, and producers of combined heat and power.
Data on individual coal plants
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Campus coal plants
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal-fired power plant capacity and generation
- Coal plant conversion projects
- Coal plant retirements
- Coal plants near residential areas
- Comparative electrical generation costs
- Former coal plants
- Oldest existing coal plants
- Scrubber Retrofits at Existing Coal Plants
- United States and coal
- U.S. Coal Capacity by Year