Datang Tianjia'an-2 power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Anhui Huainan Tianjia'an-2 power station (大唐淮南田家庵发电厂新建项目) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Tianjia'an District, Huainan Prefecture, Anhui Province.
Background on Plant
The two existing coal-fired units of Datang Tianjia'an-2 power station, totaling 600 MW, were brought online in 1996 and 2005. Tianjia'an's first four units, totaling 515 MW, have been retired. The plant is owned by China Datang.
Description of Expansion
China Datang is currently planning to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW. The new units would cost ¥7 billion ($1.1 billion). The project passed early feasibility assessment in April 2013.
Project Details for Units 7 & 8 Expansion
- Sponsor: Anhui Electric Power Co, Ltd
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Tianjia'an District, Huainan Prefecture, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.6703, 117.0249 (exact)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 7 & 8: 1,000 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ Tianjiaan Power Station (Huainan), Wikimapia, accessed 2014-11.
- ↑ Tianjiaan-2 Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed 2014-11.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 安徽电力股份有限公司淮南田家庵发电厂简介, China Datang Corporation website, accessed 2014-11.
- ↑ 大唐将投70亿在安徽淮南扩建发电项目, 北极星太阳能光伏网 要闻, 2013-07-01.
- ↑ 一重大工程将落户淮南, Anhui News, 2013-07-01.