Datang Tianjia'an-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Anhui Huainan Tianjia'an-2 power station (大唐淮南田家庵发电厂新建项目) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Tianjia'an District, Huainan Prefecture, Anhui Province.
Background on Plant
The two existing coal-fired units of Datang Tianjia'an-2 power station, totaling 600 MW, were brought online in 1996 and 2005. Tianjia'an's first four units, totaling 515 MW, have been retired. The plant is owned by China Datang.
Description of Expansion
China Datang is currently planning to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW. The new units would cost ¥7 billion ($1.1 billion). The project passed early feasibility assessment in April 2013.
Project Details for Units 7 & 8 Expansion
- Sponsor: Anhui Electric Power Co, Ltd
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Tianjia'an District, Huainan Prefecture, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.6703, 117.0249 (exact)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 7 & 8: 1,000 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: