Dongkuk Steel Pohang steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Dongkuk Steel Pohang is an electric steel plant in Pohang, Gyeongbuk, Republic of Korea.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Pohang, Gyeongbuk, Republic of Korea.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: JFE Holdings 14.1%, Sae-Joo Jang 13.9%, Sae-Wook Jang 9.43%, Dongkuk steel Mill Co., Ltd. 3.05%, Dimension Fund Advisors LP 2.50%, The Vanguard Group, Inc. 1.63%, Tokyo Steel Manufacturing Co., Ltd. 1.21%, Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. 1.12%, Dongkok Steel Mill Co., Ltd. ESOA 0.98%, Norges Bank Investment Management 0.97%
- Owner: Dongkuk Steel Mill Co., Ltd.
- Other language plant name: 동국제강 포항 (Korean)
- Location: 195 Cheolgangsandan-ro, Deasong-myeon, Nam-gu, Pohang, Gyeongbuk, Republic of Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 36.001470, 129.397609 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1991 (age 29–30)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1400
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: rebar, sections
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: twin-vessel electric arc furnace (EAF)
Articles and resources