Dovzhanska-Kapitalna Coal Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Dovzhanska-Kapitalna Coal Mine (also known by its Russian name, Dolzhanskaya-Kapitalnaya) is an operating underground anthracite coal mine in Luhansk Oblast, Ukraine.
According to the Institute for War and Peace Reporting, most Donbas region mines were seized by Russians and pro-Russian rebels in late 2014 and many have endured electricity shortages and flooding ever since. The current output of the Donbas mines, including this one, is no longer transparent, and many are likely non-operational and on hiatus.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Sverdlovsk (Dovzhansk), in Sverdlovsk (Dovzhansk) Raion, Luhansk Oblast, Ukraine. The mine is located within the rebel-controlled territory of the so-called Luhansk People's Republic.
The Dovzhanska-Kapitalna coal mine is an underground anthracite coal mine. It is operated by DTEK Sverdlovanthracite LLC, a subsidiary of DTEK Group, which is owned by Ukrainian billionaire Rinat Akhmetov.
- Owner: DTEK Sverdlovanthracite LLC
- Parent Company: DTEK Group (owned by Rinat Akhmetov)
- Location: Sverdlovsk (Dovzhansk), Sverdlovsk (Dovzhansk) Raion, Luhansk Oblast, Ukraine
- GPS Coordinates: 48.0145201, 39.7236443 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.1 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Reserves:
- Recoverable Reserves: 83.78 million tonnes (Proven and Probable Reserves, 2010) 
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1974
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Yulia Abibok, Ukraine’s Coal Industry in Crisis, Institute for War and Peace Reporting, January 22, 2021
- Шахта «Довжанська-Капітальна», Wikipedia (Ukrainian), accessed Mar. 2021.
- Шахта «Должанская-Капитальная», MiningWiki, accessed Mar. 2021.
- Ministry of Energy of Ukrainian, "Miners of Dovzhanska-Kapitalna and Chervonyi Partizan guerrillas reported on early implementation of the half-year plan", Ministry of Energy website, Accessed May 2021
- Ukrinform, "YURIY BOYKO BEGAN AN INSPECTION OF THE COUNTRY'S COAL INDUSTRY", Ukrinform website, Accessed May 2021