Durgapur SAIL power station
From Global Energy Monitor
The Durgapur SAIL power station is a 120-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in West Bengal, India. It provides power for the Durgapur steel plant.
The map below shows the location of the steel and coal plant in Durgapur, West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: NTPC-Sail Power Co Ltd
- Parent company: NTPC, SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.)
- Location: Durgapur, Bardhaman, West Bengal, India
- GPS Coordinates: 23.548430, 87.245247 (exact)
- Plant status: Operating
- Start year: 1987-1988
- Capacity: 120 MW (Units 1&2: 60 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: