Durgapur steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Durgapur (DSP) is an integrated steel plant in Durgapur, West Bengal, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Durgapur, West Bengal, India.
SAIL has Maharatna CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprise) status by the Government of India under the Ministry of Steel.
- Parent company: Government of India
- Owner: SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.)
- Alternative plant names: DSP
- Location: Industrial Area, Durgapur, West Bengal 713203, India
- GPS Coordinates: 23.548430, 87.245247 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1959 (age 60–61)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: railways, joints, beams, bars
- Steel sector end users: railway, construction
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 6 coke oven batteries (78 coke ovens per battery); 2 sinter plants; 3 blast furnaces (BF) (1400m3 BF#2, 1400m3 BF#3, 1800m3 BF#4); 3 130-tonne basic oxygen furnaces (BOF)
Articles and resources
- About Durgapur steel plant, SAIL, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Steel Authority of India Limited, Steel Authority of India Limited, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Annual Report 2018-2019, Ministry of Steel, Government of India, 2019
- Products, SAIL, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Facilities, SAIL, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page Durgapur Steel Plant under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.