SAIL IISCO steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
IISCO steel plant (ISP) is an integrated steel plant in Burnpur, West Bengal, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Burnpur, West Bengal, India.
SAIL has Maharatna CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprise) status by the Government of India under the Ministry of Steel.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Ministry of Steel)
- Parent company: Government of India
- Owner: SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.)
- Alternative plant names: ISP, Indian Iron & Steel Company (predecessor), Bengal Iron Works Co (predecessor), Steel Corporation of Bengal (predecessor)
- Location: IISCO Steel Plant, Burnpur - 713325, District - Barddhaman, West Bengal, India
- GPS Coordinates: 23.673236, 86.926179 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1918 (age 102–103)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: bar, wire, rebar
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 coke oven batteries; 2 sinter plants; 4060m3 blast furnaces (BF); 3 150-tonne basic oxygen furnaces (BOF)
- Coal source: Ramnagar coal mine
Articles and resources
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page IISCO Steel Plant under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.