Dushanbe-2 power station
Dushanbe-2 power station is a 400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The map below shows the power station in the city of Dushanbe, less than a kilometer from the city’s Botanical Garden.
Background on Plant
The construction of the first stage of the Dushanbe-2 CHPP (2 x 50 MW) began in November 2012 after signing of an interstate agreement between Tajikistan and China. The new units were commissioned in 2014.
The first stone for the foundation of the second stage of a 2 x 150 MW CHP plant was laid by the President, Emomali Rahmon, and the President of China, Xi Jinping, in September 2014. The second stage of the Dushanbe-2 CHPP was launched in December 2016. The main contractor of the construction is the Chinese company Tеbian Apparatus Stoc Co. (TBEA), which received the rights to a gold mine in the north of the Central Asian country to offset the cost of the investment.
US$350 million of the construction costs of the plant was financed by Tebian Electric Apparatus (TBEA), which received a license to operate a gold mine in Tajikistan in exchange for building a power plant free of charge. US$17.4 million was provided by the Tajik government.
- Sponsor: OJSC Barki Tojik
- Parent company: OJSC Barki Tojik
- Developer: TBEA (China)
- Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
- Coordinates: 38.610817, 68.771867 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 400 MW (Units 1&2: 50 MW, Units 3&4: 150 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2014 (Units 1&2), 2016 (Units 3&4)
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Ziddi deposit, Tajikistan
- Source of financing: Export-Import Bank of China (USD 331 million), Barki Tochik (USD 17.4 million)
- Permits and applications:
Articles and resources
- "Tajikistan: Power Plant Produces Heat and Anger," Eurasianet, February 6, 2014
- "China completes $350 million power plant in Tajikistan's capital Dushanbe," Energy World, Dec 9, 2016
- "China completes $350 million power plant in Tajikistan's capital Dushanbe," AFP, December 09, 2016
- "Tajikistan: Chinese company gets gold mine in return for power plant | Eurasianet". eurasianet.org. Retrieved 2020-12-15.
- "tajikistan coal mining machinery plant cryogenic grinding info". www.truhlar-kvalita.cz. Retrieved 2020-12-15.