EVM II power station
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
EVM II power station (Energía del Valle de México) is a 850-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of México, Mexico.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Jaltepec, Axapusco in the state of México, Mexico, near the operating EVM I power plant.
The project was initially registered in 2012.
$740 million in financing was agreed upon for EVM II in October 2018. The project is "part of a broader energy modernization and expansion program being undertaken by Mexico’s state utility, CFE." It is the located near EVM Energia's first project, EVM I power plant.
EVM II began operating in 2021.
- Sponsor: EVM Energia
- Parent company: EVM Energia
- Location: Jaltepec, Axapusco in the state of México, Mexico
- Coordinates: 19.746686, -98.674737 (exact)
- Gross capacity (operating): 850 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 850 MW (start date 2021)
Articles and Resources
- EVM II, Energia Del Valle Mexico website, accessed Dec 2, 2019
- DISEÑO, CONSTRUCCIÓN, EQUIPAMIENTO E INSTALACIÓN DEL CICLO COMBINADO VALLE DE MÉXICO II, EN EL ESTADO DE MÉXICO., Proyecto México website, accessed Dec 2, 2019
- Anja Karl. "Financing agreed for EVM-II plant in Mexico - Gas To Power Journal". Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- Ambrogio Visconti, EVM Tenedora Completes $740 Million Financing of 850 MW Power Plant, Global Legal Chronicle, Oct 12, 2018
- 850 MW gas-fired power project in Mexico reaches financial close, IPP Journal, Dec 2, 2018
- "EVM 2 Power Plant Mexico | NAES". NAES. 2019-05-29. Retrieved 2021-06-23.