EVM-II power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
EVM-II power station is a 850-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, under construction (as of June 2019) in the state of México, Mexico.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Jaltepec, Axapusco in the state of México, Mexico, near the operating EVM I power plant.
The project was initially registered in 2012.
EVM completed financing on the project in October, 2018. The project is "part of a broader energy modernization and expansion program being undertaken by Mexico’s state utility, CFE." It is the located near EVM Energia's first project, EVM I power plant.
- Sponsor: EVM Energia
- Parent company: EVM Energia
- Location: Jaltepec, Axapusco in the state of México, Mexico
- Coordinates: 19.746686, -98.674737 (exact)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 850 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 850 MW (to start 2020)
Articles and Resources
- EVM II, Energia Del Valle Mexico website, accessed Dec 2, 2019
- DISEÑO, CONSTRUCCIÓN, EQUIPAMIENTO E INSTALACIÓN DEL CICLO COMBINADO VALLE DE MÉXICO II, EN EL ESTADO DE MÉXICO., Proyecto México website, accessed Dec 2, 2019
- Ambrogio Visconti, EVM Tenedora Completes $740 Million Financing of 850 MW Power Plant, Global Legal Chronicle, Oct 12, 2018
- 850 MW gas-fired power project in Mexico reaches financial close, IPP Journal, Dec 2, 2018