East Lombok power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
East Lombok power station (or Lombuk Timur power station in Indonesian) is a 50-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station under construction in West Nusa Tenggara (Nusa Tenggara Barat) Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the location of the project, in Labuan Pandan Village, East Lombok (Lombuk Timur) Regency, West Nusa Tenggara (Nusa Tenggara Barat) Province.
Background on Plant
Lombok Energy Dynamics is currently building a two-unit, 50-MW coal-fired power plant on the island of Lombok. As of April 2014 it was reported by the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry that the East Lombok power station is under construction and between 50 percent and 85 percent complete. The plant is being built under a build, own, operate, & transfer (BOOT) scheme.
- Sponsor: Lombok Energy Dynamics (LED)
- Location: Labuan Pandan Village, East Lombok (Lombuk Timur) Regency, West Nusa Tenggara (Nusa Tenggara Barat) Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates:-8.4347704, 116.705111 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross Capacity: 50 MW (Units 1 & 2: 25 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2016
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), Panin Bank
Articles and resources
- PLN Tandatangani Perjanjian Jual Beli Listrik PLTU Lombok Timur, PLN website, accessed Mar. 2015.
- “Electricity Policy Development & Investment Opportunity in Indonesia,” presentation by Ministry Energy and Mineral Resources, Directorate General of Electricity, March 2014
- ICBC dan Bank Panin Suntik Dana ke PLTU Lombok Timur, Berita Satu, 24 July 2014.
- "PLN to Save Big From Lombok Plant"Rangga Prakoso, Jakarta Globe, July 22, 2013.