Elk Run Mine
The Elk Run Mine "produces coal from four underground room and pillar mines and the Logans Fork longwall. The Elk Run preparation plant also processes coal produced by Progress Resource Group surface mines. Customer shipments are loaded on the CSX rail system in unit trains of up to 150 railcars."
- Owner: Elk Run Coal Co.
- Parent company: Massey Energy
- Location: Boone County, West Virgina
- GPS coordinates:
- Production: 2,274 thousands of tons
- Type of coal: High Vol Met, Utility, and Industrial
- Mine type: Underground
- Equipment: Longwall
- Number of employees:
- Established/Acquired: 1978
- Recoverable Reserves: 162,767 thousands of tons
Elk Run Coal Company Inc.
Sylvester, WV, 25193
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- U.S. coal politics
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- West Virginia and coal
- Proposed coal mines
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- Massey Energy, "Mining Locations", Massey Energy website, accessed October 2009.