Eloff coal project
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Eloff Coal Project is a proposed extension of the Kangala colliery, operated by Eloff Mining Company, a joint venture of Ndalamo Resources and Universal Coal, expected to produce 2.4 million tonnes per annum, in Delmas, Victor Khanye, Nkangala, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The image below shows the approximate location of the mine.
The mine his currently pursing water and permitting applications.
- Sponsor: Eloff Mining Company
- Parent Company: Ndalamo Resources, Universal Coal
- Location: Delmas, Victor Khanye, Nkangala, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- GPS Coordinates: -26.1885802, 28.6517105 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 2.4 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 528 million tonnes
- Coal type: Thermal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface, opencast
- Start Year: TBD
- Source of Financing: