Ennore-Tuticorn-Bengalaru Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Ennore-Tuticorn-Bengalaru Gas Pipeline is an under construction natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from Ennore to Madurai, Trichy and Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu and branches out to Bengaluru via Hosur in Karnataka. The exact route can be seen in a July 2014 plan submitted to the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board.
- Operator: Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Parent Company: Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Proposed capacity: 84.67 MMSCMD
- Length: 889.18 miles / 1,431 kilometers
- Status: Construction
- Cost: $825 Million
- Start Year: 2022
The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board authorized GTPIL to build the pipeline in October 2015. Construction began in June 2018. In March 2019 the Ennore LNG Terminal which will supply gas to the pipeline was commissioned. As of March 31st, 2022, the pipeline had been partially commissioned with 165.82 kilometers in operation and 1265.18 kilometers under construction. In August 2021 the pipeline was 88% complete and its total cost was put at 6025 crore by Indian Oil Corporation.
Articles and resources
- "Partially Commissioned Common Carrier Natural Gas Pipelines". PNGRB Data Bank. PNGRB. March 31, 2022.
- Ennore LNG terminal to help Indian Oil fast-track city gas project, Live Mint, Mar. 8, 2019
- BID DOCUMENT NO. BID/NGPL/07/2014/1/ETBPNMTPL, PNGRB, July 2014
- "Ennore-Thiruvallur-Bengaluru PuducherryNagapattinam-Madurai-Tuticorin natural gas pipeline" (PDF). PNGRB. July 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2022.
- "Project Summary". www.cspm.gov.in. Retrieved 2021-09-01.
- Natural Gas Pipelines Under Construction, PNGRP, Jan. 15, 2016
- Ennore-Thirullavar-Madurai-Tuticorin pipeine to come up sooon, Projects Today, Jun. 25, 2018
- ENNORE THIRUVALLUR BENGALURU PUDUCHERRY NAGAPATTINAM MADURAITUTICORIN GAS PIPELINE., Government of India, Aug. 9, 2021