Erdemir steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Erdemir is an integrated steel plant in Ereğli, Zonguldak, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Ereğli, Zonguldak, Turkey.
Erdemir S.A. was established in 1960, but the steel plant did not begin operation until 1965.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Ataer Holding 49.28%, Diger 38.63%, Expert Placement Services Ltd. 7.01%, Arcelor Investment Services S.A. 5.07%
- Intermediate subsidiary: OYAK Mining Metallurgy Group
- Owner: Erdemir S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Eregli Demir
- Other language plant name: EREĞLİ DEMİR VE ÇELİK FABRİKALARI T.A.Ş (Turkish)
- Location: Uzunkum No:7 Kdz. Ereğli, 67330 Zonguldak, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 41.261469, 31.420106 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1965 (age 54–55)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 3800 (BF-BOF, 2017)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot and cold rolled, plates, tin, chromium, zinc coated flat steel
- Steel sector end users: automotive, white goods, manufacturing, electronics, energy, shipbuiliding, defense, packaging
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: blast furnaces (BF) (# unknown); basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (# unknown); coke plant (# ovens unknown); sinter plant
Articles and resources
- Erdemir Factory, Erdemir, Retrieved on: Apr. 29, 2020
- 2018 Annual Report, Oyak Mining Metallurgy Group, Retrieved on: Apr. 29, 2020
- EREĞLİ DEMİR VE ÇELİK FABRİKALARI T.A.Ş, Turkish Steel Producers Association, Retrieved on: Jul. 23, 2020
- EREĞLİ DEMİR VE ÇELİK FABRİKALARI T.A.Ş., KAP Public Disclosure Platform, Retrieved on: Apr. 29,2020
- Corporate, Erdemir, Retrieved on: Apr. 29, 2020
- DEMİR ÇELİK SEKTÖR RAPORU (2019), Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology, 2020. Calculated using the capacity utilization given in Table 7-page 18.