Isdemir steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Isdemir is a steel plant in Payas, Hatay, Turkey near Iskenderun.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Payas, Hatay, Turkey near Iskenderun.
Isdemir S.A. was established in 1970, but the steelmaking facilities did not begin until 1977.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Ataer Holding 49.28%, Diger 38.63%, Expert Placement Services Ltd. 7.01%, Arcelor Investment Services S.A. 5.07%
- Intermediate subsidiary: OYAK Mining Metallurgy Group
- Owner: Isdemir S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Iskenderun Demir
- Other language plant name: İSKENDERUN DEMİR VE ÇELİK FABRİKALARI T.A.Ş. (Turkish)
- Location: Karşı Mahalle Şehit Yüzbaşı Ali Oğuz Bulvarı No:1, Payas, Hatay, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 36.735672, 36.204581 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1977 (age 43–44)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: flat products, billet, slab, wire rods, hot rolled sheet and coil, plate
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: coking plant; sinter plant; 4 blast furnaces (BF); basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- Isdemir Factory, Isdemir, Retrieved on: Apr. 29, 2020
- 2018 Annual Report, Oyak Mining Metallurgy Group, Retrieved on: Apr. 29, 2020
- İSKENDERUN DEMİR VE ÇELİK FABRİKALARI T.A.Ş., Turkish Steel Producers Association, Retrieved on: Jul. 23, 2020
- EREĞLİ DEMİR VE ÇELİK FABRİKALARI T.A.Ş., KAP Public Disclosure Platform, Retrieved on: Apr. 29,2020
- Corporate, Erdemir, Retrieved on: Apr. 29, 2020
- Annual Report 2019, Erdemir, 2020