Erkovetskiy coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
The map shows the exact location of the mine, near Varvarovka, on the border between Oktyabrsky and Ivanovsky Districts, in Amur Oblast, Russia.
Coal Mine Background
The mine is operated by Russian Coal Company and opened in 1991. It produces thermal coal for domestic markets. The mine is situated in a mountainous region.
- Parent Company: Russian Coal Company
- Location: Varvarovka, Oktyabrsky/Ivanovsky Districts, Amur Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 50.316, 128.447 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity:2.5 MTPA
- Total Resource: 3000 million tonnes 
- Mineable Reserves: 511 million tonnes 
- Coal type: Lignite (Thermal) 
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface (openpit)
- Start Year: 1991
- Source of Financing:
- Power Plant: Erkovetskaya power station
Articles and resources
- Russian Coal, Coal Mine Erkovetskiy, accessed May 13, 2020
- Ерковецкий угольный разрез, Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- Russian Coal, "Russian Coal increases coal reserves in the Amur Region", Russian Coal website, Accessed April 2021
- Interfax, "The balance reserves of coal of the Erkovetsky open-pit mine", Interfax website, Accessed April 2021