Estrella del Mar II power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Estrella del Mar II power station (Planta Estrella del Mar II) is a 106-megawatt (MW) fuel oil- and gas-fired power station in Santo Domingo province, Dominican Republic.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Río Ozama, Santo Domingo province, Dominican Republic.
- Sponsor: Transcontinental Capital
- Parent company: Seaboard Corporation
- Location: Río Ozama, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Coordinates: 18.4840, -69.8832 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 106 MW
In May 2021, the Dominican Ministry of the Environment rejected the request of Transcontinental Capital to operate both Estrella del Mar II and Estrella del Mar III on the Ozama River. Transcontinental Capital was given a 24 month period to withdraw both barges from the Ozama River during which time the electrical authorities in the Dominican Republic will be tasked with compensating for the loss of electrical production by the barges (resolution 0022-2021).
Articles and Resources
- "Transcontinental Capital Corporation (Bermuda) Ltd". Seaboard. May 25, 2012. Archived from the original on April 22, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- Google Maps
- "Estrella del Mar II". Seaboard Power. Archived from the original on May 4, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Estrella del Mar II Power Barge: First Dual Fuel Gas Combined Cycle Plant" (PDF). Seaboard Transcontinental Capital Corp (Bermuda) Ltd. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Wärtsilä to supply a 106 MW Floating Power Plant to the Dominican Republic". Wartsila. August 30, 2010. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- Redacción CDN (2021-04-20). "Ambientalistas rechazan barcaza Estrella de Mar II y III en río Ozama" (in español). Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- Listin Diario. "Seaboard amenaza con acudir a arbitraje para defender concesión | Listín Diario". listindiario.com (in español). Retrieved 2021-06-23.