Evraz NTMK steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Evraz NTMK (ВРАЗ Нижнетагильский металлургический комбинат (Russian), ЕВРАЗ НТМК (Russian)) is an integrated (BF and EAF) steel plant in Nizhnij Tagil, Sverdlovskaya oblast, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Nizhnij Tagil, Sverdlovskaya oblast, Russia.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Evraz (Roman Abramovich 28.77%, Alexander Abramov 19.41%, Alexander Frolov 9.69%, Gennady Kozovoy 5.77%, Other 33.56%)
- Owner: NTMK
- Alternative plant names: Nizhny Tagil Iron & Steel
- Other language plant name: ЕВРАЗ Нижнетагильский металлургический комбинат (Russian), ЕВРАЗ НТМК (Russian)
- Location: ul. Metallurgov, 1, Nizhnij Tagil, Sverdlovskaya oblast, Russia, 622025
- GPS Coordinates: 57.922851, 60.033543 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: rail, wheels, tires, beams, blanks, rolled products
- Steel sector end users: rail, construction
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF and EAF)
- Primary steel production equipment: coke ovens (# unknown); 3 blast furnaces (BF) (2200m3 BF#5 (2006), 2200m3 BF#7 (2018), BF#6 (to be overhauled in 2020 to replace BF#5)); basic oxygen furnace (BOF) (# unknown)
- Iron ore source: Evrazruda (Tashtagol mine, Gorno-Shorskaya mine, Kazskaya mine).
Articles and resources