Frontier Oil Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Frontier Oil Pipeline, also known as Frontier Aspen Pipeline, is an operating oil pipeline in the United States.
The pipeline runs from Casper, Wyoming, to Frontier Station, Utah, United States.
- Owner: Frontier Aspen LLC
- Parent company: Holly Energy Partners [50%], Plains All American Pipeline [50%]
- Capacity: 72,000 barrels per day
- Length: 289 miles
- Status: Operating
- Start year:
The Frontier Aspen Pipeline is a 289-mile crude pipeline from Casper, Wyoming to Frontier Station, Utah that supplies Canadian and Rocky Mountain crudes to Salt Lake City area refiners through a connection to the SLC Oil Pipeline. In 2017 Holly Energy Partners acquired a 50% interest in Frontier Aspen LLC, the owner of the Frontier Aspen Pipeline, making the company a joint venture between Plains All American Pipeline and Holly Energy.
Articles and resources
- Frontier Oil Pipeline, A Barrel Full, accessed September 2017
- "Holly Energy Partners to Acquire Remaining Interests in Frontier and SLC Pipelines". www.businesswire.com. 2017-08-10. Retrieved 2022-04-12.
- "Holly Energy Partners to Acquire Remaining Interests in Frontier and SLC Pipelines," Holly Energy Partners, Aug 10, 2017