GEPIC Changle power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
GEPIC Changle power station is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Jiuquan Prefecture, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Gansu Province.
Background on Project
- Sponsor: Gansu Electric Power Investment
- Location: Jiuquan Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.731, 98.494 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "World Electric Power Plants Database,", Platts, June 2014. The database is not available online but can be purchased from Platts.
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012