Gerdau Divinópolis steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Gerdau Divinópolis steel plant (Usina siderúrgica Gerdau Divinópolis) is an integrated steel plant in Divinópolis, Minas Gerais state, Brazil.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Divinópolis, MG, Brazil.
Originally founded in 1953 under the name Siderúrgica Pains, the Divinópolis steel plant was acquired by Gerdau in 1994. The plant specializes in producing rebar and other long steel products. In 1997, Gerdau invested R$22 million to increase the plant's steelmaking capacity from 320,000 tonnes per annum to 500,000 tpa, and capacity has since increased to 600,000 tpa. The Gerdau plant has three blast furnaces with inner volumes of 110, 192, and 125 cubic meters, a steelmaking plant equipped with an eOF (energy optimising furnace), a refining plant with a ladle furnace, a billet caster, and rolling facilities including a bar mill producing rebar, merchant bars, flat, square and round bars. Work at the company's rolled steel line was suspended indefinitely in 2017, but the plant's blast furnaces and steelworks continue to operate.
- Private/State ownership: Private
- Parent company: Gerdau S.A.
- Owner: Gerdau S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Gerdau Aços Longos
- Other language plant name: Usina siderúrgica Gerdau Divinópolis (Portuguese)
- Location: Av. Gabriel Passos 102, Porto Velho, 35500-450 Divinópolis, MG, Brazil
- GPS Coordinates: -20.152084, -44.875246 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1953 (age 67–68)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 600 (BOF/BF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: unknown (BOF/BF, year)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: rebar
- Steel sector end users: construction
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 3 blast furnaces (BF) (110m3, 192m3, 125m3); 1 energy optimization furnace (EOF)
Articles and resources
- "History of Gerdau S.A." Funding Universe. Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- "Portal Agora - Gerdau confirma paralisação de setor e demissões em Divinópolis". Economia. May 7, 2017.
- "Gerdau investe em siderúrgica em MG". Folha de S.Paulo. January 22, 1997.
- "Steel Works of the World Directory - Brazil: Gerdau Aços Longos S.A." (PDF). Metal Bulletin. 2012. Retrieved August 3, 2020.
- "Brazil's Gerdau halts Divinópolis plant's rolled steel line". BNamericas. July 5, 2017. Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- "Anuário Estatístico 2020 (Brazil Steel Databook 2020)" (PDF). Instituto Aço Brasil. June 2020.
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page [wikipedia.org/Page_Title Page Title] under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.