Gerdau Midlothian Steel Mill
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Gerdau Midlothian Steel Mill is an electric steel plant in Midlothian, Texas, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Midlothian, Texas, United States.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Gerdau S.A.
- Owner: Gerdau Long Steel North America
- Alternative plant names: Gerdau Chaparral Steel
- Location: 300 Ward Road, 76065 Midlothian, Texas, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 32.457544, -97.034246 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1753 (EAF)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: structural shapes, rebar, special carbon, alloy
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 electric arc furnaces (EAF) (1975 and 1981)
Articles and resources