Gevra coal mine
The Gevra coal mine is an opencast mine complex with a capacity of 41 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Korba, Chhattisgarh, India.
The map below shows the exact location of the Gevra coal mine, in Korba, Chhattisgarh, India.
South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, operates the Gevra coal mine, which opened in 1981. The company proposed to expand production to 50 million tonnes in 2016, but the project has since been withdrawn.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Korba, Chhattisgarh, India
- Coordinates: 22.336312, 82.545748 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 41 MTPA
- Reserves: 1337.68 MT
- In service:
- Coal type: Grade D-F
- Mining method: opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Green panel nod to SECL's Rs 11,816 cr expansion project, Economic Times, December 13, 2017
- Gerva and Dpika Coal Mines Expansion Proposal Withdrawn, ERC India, accessed February 28, 2020
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Limited,Project Report For Gevra OC Expansion, South Eastern Coalfields Limited, June 2015