Ghaenat Steel Complex South Khorasan steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Ghaenat Steel Complex South Khorasan is a 800-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) direct reduced iron-electric arc furnace (DRI-EAF) steel plant in South Khorasan, in Iran. Ghaenat Steel Complex South Khorasan operates a direct reduced iron (DRI) and electric arc furnace (EAF).
The map below shows the approximate location of the steel plant in Qae, in Iran.
According to the 2021 OECD report on steelmaking, the Ghaenat Steel Complex South Khorasan was meant to open in 2021, but is still under construction as of February 2021.
- Location: Qaen, South Khorasan, Iran
- GPS Coordinates: 33.729751, 59.185881 (approximate)
- Plant status: construction
- Start year: 2021 (anticipated)
- State-owned entity status: full
- State-owned entity department: Ministry of Industries and Mines
- Parent company: National Iranian Steel Co [100%]
- Parent company PermID: 5001423350 [100%]
- Owner: Ghaenat Steel
- Owner company PermID: unknown
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 800.0
- Main production equipment: direct reduced iron (DRI) and electric arc furnace (EAF)
- Detailed production equipment: 1 EAF; 1 DRI plant
Articles and Resources
- "LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN STEELMAKING CAPACITY - 2021" (PDF). OECD. Archived (PDF) from the original on January 27, 2022. Retrieved January 27, 2022.
- "GHAENAT STEEL COMPLEX-DR&MATERIAL HANDLING PLANT". PCK. Retrieved 2022-03-09.
- "Home". NISCO Iran. Retrieved 2022-03-09.
- "MIYANEH Steel Making Project". KDD Group. Retrieved 2022-03-09.
- "MIYANEH STEEL COMPLEX NISCO invests in six-strand billet casting machine from SMS Concast_SMS". SMS Group. Retrieved 2022-03-09.