Gondhkari coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Gondhkari Underground Coal Mine project was formerly proposed by Western Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing 1 Million Tonnes Per Anum (MTPA) in Kamptee Coalfield, dist. Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
The satellite image below shows the area of the mine proposed in Mana Village, Chandrapur District, Maharashtra..
Background on Mine
Gondhkari Underground Coal Mining Project is an Underground Coal Mine of the capacity 1 MTPA proposed by M/s Gondhkari Coal Mining Ltd., in Kamptee coalfields, district Nagpur, Maharashtra. The Terms of Reference (ToR) for the proposed project were granted by the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) on 23rd September 2010. .
The mine was inially allotted to Gondhkhari coal mining limited a joint venture of three companies, namely, M/s Maharastra Seamless Ltd, M/s Dhariwal Infrastructure Pvt Ltd and M/s Kesoram Industries Ltd. However, due to non-development of mine the coal block was deallocated and then listed for auction again in January 2020 by Ministry of Coal..
- Sponsor: Western Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: District Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 21°08’01” N & 21°11’00” Longitude N 78°54’53” E & 78°56’19” E
- Status: Shelved
- Production Capacity: 1 million tonnes per year (MTPA)
- Total Resource: 98.717 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 96.573 MT
- Coal Type: Grade B to G
- Mine Size: 977 Ha
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: TBD
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications: ToR for proposed 1 MTPA Gondhkari UG Coal Mine, India MoEF, 23rd September 2010