Guangxi Gas Pipeline Network

From Global Energy Monitor
This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Sub-articles:

Guangxi Gas Pipeline Network 广西天然气支线管网项目 is a pipeline network in Guangxi, China with pipelines that are proposed and construction.[1]

Location

The pipeline starts in X and runs to X.*include citation

Loading map...

Background

In February 2021, Guangxi Province issued the Urban Gas Development Plan of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region (2021–2030), 广西壮族自治区城镇燃气发展规划 (2021–2030年).[1][2]

Development plan

As of June 2019, the plan noted that operating gas pipelines in the region totaled nine branches and 2282 kilometers. There were also dedicated shorter pipelines to reach various cities and counties totaling 402 kilometers (both operating and under construction).[1]

The development plan predicted that province-level gas consumption in 2025 would be 4x that of 2019. In order to meet and encourage such demand, the province intends to speed up gas development infrastructure, including LNG terminals and factories, gas storage, and gas pipelines.[1]

To promote this development and the province's aims to reach every county (县县通), the plan sketches new proposals in three stages:

  1. By 2022, the plan intends to build 16 county-level branch pipelines
  2. By 2025, the plan intends to build an additional 17 county-level branch pipelines
  3. By 2030, the province intends to build an additional 18 county-level pipelines (depending ultimately on the population's needs, and the natural gas market)

Implementation plan

In March 2021, the province issued a plan for implementing the Guangxi Energy Network.[3]

In this plan, the province listed 27 gas pipeline projects entering into construction in 2020 an continuing into 2021.[3] Many are listed in the original development plan.[1]

Background for individual segments

  • Hepu-Bobai-Pubei Branch Pipeline 合浦—博白—浦北天然气支线管道 began construction in 2020. It will run from Bobai, Yulin, Guangxi, China to Pubei, Qinzhou, Guangxi, China.
  • Tiandong-Debao-Jingxi Branch Pipeline 田东—德保—靖西天然气支线管道 was proposed in 2018 and received a permit in March 2018.[4] The sponsor of the project is Guangxi Guangtou Natural Gas Pipeline Co., Ltd. The pipeline will be located in Tiandong County, Debao County, and Jingxi City, starting at Tiandong Substation on the east side of Dongda Primary School in Tiandong County, passing through Debao County, and ending at Jingxi Substation on the east of Ling'ai Village, Jingxi City.[5]
  • Details on the status of the Hechi-Nandan Branch 河池—南丹天 然气支线管道 were not found as of September 2021.
  • Details on the status of the Fusui-Chongzuo Branch 扶绥—崇左 were not found as of September 2021.
  • Details on the status of the Guilin-Yangshuo-Lipu Branch 桂林—阳朔—荔浦 were not found as of September 2021.
  • Details on the status of the Guilin-Lingchuan-Xing'an Branch 桂林—灵川—兴安 were not found as of September 2021.
  • Laibin Branch (Wuxuan-Xiangzhou-Jinxiu Segment) 来宾天然气支线管道 (武宣—象州—金秀段)

Project details

Hepu-Bobai-Pubei Branch Pipeline 合浦—博白—浦北天然气支线管道

  • Operator: Guangxi Guangtou Natural Gas Pipeline Co., Ltd.[2]
  • Capacity: 0.90 billion cubic meters per year[6]
  • Length: 192 kilometers[6]
  • Diameter D355.6 millmeters, D273.1 millimeters
  • Status: Construction[6]

Tiandong-Debao-Jingxi Branch Pipeline 田东—德保—靖西天然气支线管道

  • Operator: Guangxi Guangtou Natural Gas Pipeline Co., Ltd.[2]
  • Capacity: 0.45 billion cubic meters per year[5]
  • Length: 120 kilometers[5]
  • Diameter: D355.6 millimeters[5]
  • Status: Proposed[5]
  • Cost: 421.4935 million RMB[5]
  • Financing: The total investment of the project is 421.4935 million RMB, of which 40% is self-owned funds of the Guangxi Gangtou Natural Gas Pipeline Co., Ltd., and the remaining 60% is borrowed from commercial banks[5]

Hechi-Nandan Branch 河池—南丹天然气支线管道[2]

  • Operator:
  • Parent company:
  • Capacity:
  • Length:
  • Diameter:
  • Status: Proposed
  • Start year:
  • Cost:

Fusui-Chongzuo Branch 扶绥—崇左

  • Operator:
  • Parent company:
  • Capacity:
  • Length:
  • Diameter:
  • Status: Proposed
  • Start year:
  • Cost:

Guilin-Yangshuo-Lipu Branch 桂林—阳朔—荔浦

  • Operator: Guangxi Guangtou Natural Gas Pipeline Co., Ltd.[2]
  • Capacity: 0.172 billion cubic meters per year
  • Length: 100 kilometers[7]
  • Diameter: D273.1 millimeters[7]
  • Status: Proposed[7]
  • Cost: 346.04 million RMB[7]
  • Financing: The total investment of the project is 346.04 million RMB, of which 40% is self-owned funds of the Guangxi Gangtou Natural Gas Pipeline Co., Ltd., and the remaining 60% is borrowed from commercial banks[7]

Guilin-Lingchuan-Xing'an Branch 桂林—灵川—兴安

  • Operator:
  • Capacity:
  • Length:
  • Diameter:
  • Status: Proposed
  • Start year:
  • Cost:

Laibin Branch (Wuxuan-Xiangzhou-Jinxiu Segment) 来宾天然气支线管道 (武宣—象州—金秀段)

  • Operator: Guangxi Guangtou Natural Gas Pipeline Co., Ltd[2]
  • Capacity: 0.187 billion cubic meters per year[8]
  • Length: 148 kilometers[8]
  • Diameter: D273.1 millimeters<ref name=fgw4>
  • Status: Construction[8]
  • Cost: 478.7447 million RMB[8]
  • Financing: The total investment of the project is 478.7447 million RMB, of which 40% is self-owned funds of the Guangxi Gangtou Natural Gas Pipeline Co., Ltd., and the remaining 60% is borrowed from commercial banks[7]

Articles and resources

References

  1. 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Urban Gas Development Plan (2021–2030) 广西壮族自治区城镇燃气发展规划 (2021–2030年), Guangxi Province, Feb. 2021, accessed Sep. 6, 2021.
  2. 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Urban Gas Development Plan Part I, Guangxi Province, accessed Sep. 6, 2021.
  3. 3.0 3.1 [https://news.bjx.com.cn/html/20210326/1144324-4.shtml 2021 广西“能源网”建设 2021年工作推进方案], Guangxi Province, Mar. 2021, accessed Sep. 6, 2021.
  4. [1], accessed Sep. 6, 2021.
  5. 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 [2], Guangxi Province Bureau of Energy, Mar. 30, 2018, accessed Sep. 6, 2021.
  6. 6.0 6.1 6.2 Yan Zhihao, [3], Guangxi Province Oil and Gas Department, Jun. 17, 2020, accessed Sep. 6, 2021.
  7. 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 [4], Guangxi Province, Jul. 17, 2019, accessed Sep. 6, 2021.
  8. 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 [5], Guangxi Province, Jan. 3, 2020, accessed Sep. 6, 2021.

Related GEM.wiki articles

External resources

External articles