Gunsan (Kunsan) Port is in North Jeolla Province, South Korea, located on the south bank of the Geum River just upstream from its exit into the Yellow Sea.
The port handles coal. In 2014 a new coal handling terminal was under construction by CJ Group at the port, with an expected completion date of 2017.
- Operator: Gunsan District Maritime and Port Authority
- Location: North Jeolla Province, South Korea
- Existing Capacity (Million tonnes per annum):
- Additional Proposed Capacity (Million tonnes per annum):
- Status: New coal terminal under construction
- Projected In Service: 2017
- Type: Imports
- Source of Coal:
- Cost of Expansion: US$125 million
- Financing for Expansion:
Articles and resources
- "CJ Group to invest 180 billion won in Gunsan and Mokpo area to boost domestic market," WhoWiredKorea, 9/29/2014